Please note that Jaeco Grip Seals are being discontinued. Contact us to ask about availability. Thank you.
JAECO GRIP SEALS
Size: 1/4″ – 4″
Pressure: 300 – 1000 PSI
HOW THEY WORK
The basic principle is a simple one: an inclined plane and wedge are employed to close two collets so tightly on the outside diameter of the pipe that acting as one they can compress a seal at the pipe terminals. First, pipe is cut to length and inserted into the loosely assembled grip seal fitting until the pipe ends rest against the Teflon seal. The onion nut is then tightened on the body threads, sliding the collets forward on the pipe until they meet the Teflon seal. As the nut is tightened, the shoulder and ring of the fitting wedge compresses the collets so that they grip the pipe.
Continued tightening forces the pipe and collet as one piece into the Teflon until it compresses and “flows” around the end of the pipe forming an impenetrable seal. The collets act as wedges, and the greater the axial load on the pipe the tighter the fitting grips.
ADVANTAGES OF JAECO GRIP SEALS
- CORROSION AND CONTAMINATION PROOF – no crevices where fluids can stagnate or reach other parts of the fitting; fluid contacts only the Teflon seal; in
elbows and tees fluid contacts only Teflon and 316 SS.
- STRESS-FREE – No cold working, no heat applied so no stress can occur.
- SIMPLE TO USE – Installation is quick and easily mastered in a matter of minutes; no special equipment is required.
- HAZARDS ELIMINATED – No open flames or arcs; welding or brazing is unnecessary.
- FULL FLOW – Our grip seal fittings have 100% full-flow area.
- UNIVERSAL – Our grip seal fittings fit all pipe and tube schedules; even suitable for higher alloy pipes.
- REUSABLE – Our grip seal fittings are the only ones where all parts are reusable when pipes are disassembled for cleaning or for changing the pipe system.
- PERMANENT – With over 40 years experience on tough installations, we’ve had no reports of leakage
- UNBEATABLE INSTALLATION COST – our grip seals require the least installation time of any fitting on the market; labor costs are only 20-25% of others.
AVAILABLE GRIP SEAL TYPES
- Male Connectors
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
- Nickel Plated
- 18-8 SS
- Cast 316 SS
- Wrought 316 SS
- Wrought 300 SS
- Nickel Plated CS
- Cadmium Plated CS
PRESSURE TEMPERATURE RATINGS
- 1/4” through 1” – 1000 PSI
- 1 1/4” through 2” – 500 PSI
- 2 1/2” through 4” – 300 PSI
- The fittings should not be used for continuous service above 350°F. For pressure-temperature adjustment, contact us.
- Grip seals have been hydrostatically tested at pressures to at least 1.5 times the recommended maximum service pressure
JAECO GRIP SEAL IMAGES
Download the JAECO Grip Seal Product Info Sheet (PDF)
Download the JAECO Grip Seal Installation Instructions (PDF)