What is a Process Pump?
If you’re wondering what is a process pump, you’ve likely heard the term and are looking for pumps to transfer fluids in an industrial or chemical process. A process pump is a term that refers to a broad category of pumps that are suited for various industrial applications.
One common and popular type of process pump is called a metering pump. It’s ideal for precisely injecting fluids into processes at a consistent rate. Read on to learn more about metering pumps, their value, and how to choose the right one for your application.
What is a Metering Pump?
Metering pumps are positive displacement pumps designed for precisely injecting fluids into processes at a steady rate. They’re especially great for handling high viscosity fluids at high pressures and relatively low flows since their efficiency isn’t affected by pressure. This makes them ideal for accurate chemical dosing, driving reactions, and precise fluid injection processes.
At JAECO, we specialize in heavy-duty, industrial-grade metering pumps for all your chemical and process fluid needs. Made in the USA to rigorous standards, our pumps deliver unmatched quality, reliability, and durability. JAECO pumps will withstand the harshest environments and liquids to keep your process flowing 24/7.
JAECO Metering Pump Benefits
We customize our pumps for different applications and industries, including explosion-proof pumps for hazardous locations.
Our metering pumps provide the following benefits:
Premium Durability: All our pumps are made in the USA, and we only use the highest quality components to ensure exceptional reliability and long service life. Multiple seal options, specialized coatings, and robust designs allow our pumps to thrive in the harshest conditions. They also need minimal maintenance over decades of use. And when they do need maintenance, they’re completely field serviceable.
Extensive Experience: With over 50 years of serving various industries, our expertise runs deep. We’ve done it before, whether it’s precise chemical dosing for a reaction or injecting flocculants at a water treatment plant.
Our team will leverage their extensive experience in agriculture, industrial manufacturing, water treatment, chemical processing, and more to specify the optimal chemical processing pump solution.
Reliable Pumping: JAECO’s pumps consistently perform the most challenging duties. From moving corrosive sulfuric acid to dumping caustics and viscous polymers, our pumps take on fluids that would destroy other brands. We carefully select materials and designs to handle it all.
Chemical or Liquid Types: Our metering pumps can support a wide range of chemicals or liquids, including:
- Fuel additives
- Water treatment
Superior Efficiency: In addition to precision and reliability, JAECO metering pumps deliver many efficiency advantages:
- Optimized designs prevent wasted motion for converting input energy into fluid movement.
- Precision manufacturing with tight tolerances prevents fluid slippage and minimizes internal friction.
- The latest seal technologies reduce fluid leakage and energy loss.
- Engineered to match your specific process conditions and maximize efficiency.
- Low life-cycle costs mean you get more value for your pump investment.
Common Metering Pump Applications
Metering pumps enable accurate injection of additives, reactants, or agents into process flows.
Common uses include:
- Chemical Manufacturing – Dosing sulfuric acid, caustics, polymers, and reactants.
- Water Treatment – Injecting chlorine, fluoride, and polymers.
- Agriculture & Farming – Dosing fertilizer, nutrients, and chemicals.
- Food and Beverage – Adding juices, oils, or flavor extracts.
- Industrial – Dosing anti-corrosion agents, lubricants, and cleaning chemicals.
The experts at JAECO will recommend the optimal metering pump for your needs.
Metering Pump Technologies
Metering pumps use different methods for precision fluid handling. Some of the most common types of metering pumps include:
- Diaphragm Pumps: Flexible diaphragms draw in and displace fluid through a series of valves.
- Plunger/Piston Pumps: Utilize a piston-like plunger within a chamber to intake and expel fluids via check valves.
- Peristaltic Pumps: Rotating rollers propel fluids through the tubing.
- Solenoid Pumps: Electromagnetic solenoids control pumping for compact metering.
Here at JAECO, we specialize in diaphragm and plunger metering pumps. Our diaphragm and plunger pumps cover a wide range of industries and fluids, and come in simplex or duplex models and are field-convertible from simplex to duplex.
We can help you select the optimal technology for your needs. We offer in-depth pump sizing and selection assistance.
World-Class Reliability and Support
In addition to premier equipment, JAECO provides complete lifetime support:
- Expert Consultation: Our engineers specify the ideal pump solution.
- Service and Warranty: Industry-leading warranty and US-based service team.
- Customization: We build pumps tailored for optimal performance.
- American-Made: Our pumps are engineered and made in the USA.
Trust JAECO for Your Metering Pump Needs
For any application needing accurate dosing or injection, JAECO’s heavy-duty metering pumps get the job done right and reliably. We design our pumps to stand the test of time—many of the JAECO pumps we manufactured over 30 years ago are still reliably operating in the field today!
Contact us below to discuss your requirements and get a quote.